负 责 人：薛永立 联 系 人：薛永立；周红亚
电 话：000 传 真：000
薛永立, 沈钰, 周红亚, 朱军, 李江，张际先，石贵平，葛道英，闵佳,李林，詹蒙，王昕言
Jiangsu University Alumni Association, Canada
ARTICLE I– NAME AND PURPOSE
Section 1 – Name: The name of this organization shall be Jiangsu University Alumni Association, Canada, hereafter referred as JUAA-Canada. JUAA-Canada is registered as a non-profit organization.
Section 2 – Purpose: The general nature and objective of JUAA-Canada shall be to provide a community for the Jiangsu University alumni and their family and friends in the Canada to support each other both personally and professionally, foster connections between Jiangsu University and the Canada alumni, promote scientific research and educational exchanges between Jiangsu University and Canada universities, and help to enhance the academic image of Jiangsu University in the Canada.
ARTICLE II – MEMBERSHIP
Section 1 – Membership: All graduates of Jiangsu University (including Zhenjiang Institute of Agricultural Machinery, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Jiangsu Institute of Technology, Zhenjiang Medical College, Zhenjiang Normal School ), all persons who have been in attendance as students at those universities and all who have been officially connected therewith may be members of this association. The family and friends of graduates of those universities shall also be eligible for associate membership in this association. Associate member has no voting right.
ARTICLE III – MEETINGS OF MEMBERSHIP
Section 1 – Regular meetings: Membership meetings shall be held at least once every two years or at more frequent intervals as the board of directors may deem proper. One meeting shall be designated as the Annual Meeting for the election of directors.
ARTICLE V – COMMITTEES
Section 1 – Committee formation: The Board may create committees as needed where each committee consists of one or more directors. Each committee shall serve at the pleasure of the Board and its director shall be appointed by the Board. Four committees are initially created .
* Meeting and Conference - coordinating meetings and reunion events
* Professional Development - promoting educational and scientific exchange between Jiangsu Universities and Canada universities/institutes
* Website - maintain the JUAA,Canada website, and post coming event and news
* Membership Development & Fund Raising
ARTICLE VI – AMENDMENTS
Section 1 – Amendments: These bylaws may be amended by a majority vote at any meeting of the association, where the majority of board members are present.
ARTICLE IV – OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
Section 1 – Role: The JUAA,Canada shall be governed by a Board of Officers and Directors (hereinafter the "Board"). The Directors shall be elected by the general membership at the Annual Meeting. The Officers shall be elected by the Board of Directors at a separate meeting. The Board is responsible for coordination and direction of the association. It shall be their duty to advice, counsel and guide.
Section 2 – Eligibility: Officers and Directors must be graduates of Jiangsu University (including Zhenjiang Institute of Agricultural Machinery, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Jiangsu Institute of Technology, Zhenjiang Medical College, Zhenjiang Normal School)
Section 3 – Terms: All Officers and Directors shall serve four years, but are eligible for re-election.
Section 4 – Meetings: The board shall hold year meetings.
Section 5 – Quorum: A quorum must be attended by at least five members of the board for business transactions to take place and motions to pass.
Section 6 – Director and Duties: The board shall have any number of Directors but not fewer than five. Their duties are as follows:
* Serving as liaisons among the JUAA-Canada leadership, the membership, and the community at large
* Representing the diverse interests of the general membership
* Assisting the Officers in the administration of the JUAA-Canada and in volunteer identification and recruitment
* Attending Board meetings on a regular basis
* Attending association events on a regular basis
* May serve as officers or committee chairperson
Section 7 – Officers and Duties: There shall be at least three officers of the board consisting of a president, secretary and treasurer. The association may also have, as determined by the Board of Directors, one or more Vice Presidents. The officer duties are as follows:
* Supervising and coordinating the JUAA-Canada activities
* Calling and presiding over regular and special meetings of the Board
* Defining the number of the functional areas to appoint VPs and form the Executive Team, subject to Board’s approval
* Appointing, with a majority vote of the Board, committees for the JUAA,Canada and their respective chairpersons
* Serving as principal liaison with the University, the Alumni Association and other organizations
* Taking and distributing meeting minutes at Board and special meetings
* Maintaining and updating the membership record
* Maintaining and circulating the current Bylaws of JUAA-Canada
* Serving as the association's Webmaster: managing and updating the content of the website as requested by the Board, managing and updating the mailing list
* Distributing quarterly newsletters reporting JUAA-Canada activities
* Receiving all funds paid to the JUAA,Canada
* Disbursing money on properly authorized orders/invoices
* Maintaining the permanent record of all financial matters
* Preparing a final report for the prior fiscal year and submitting such report to the Board
* Assisting in preparation of event-based budgets and related record keeping
Section 8 – Vacancies: All vacancies of unexpired terms shall be appointed by the board of directors to serve until the next election.
Section 9 – Resignation: Resignation from the board may be made at any time. Such resignation must be in writing and received by the Secretary or the President.
Section 10. If the President not re-election, but it Serve for JUAA-Canada has 8 years or more. The president will become honorary President of JUAA-Canada.